RCC Prognostic Calculators
(and other kidney function)
- predictors of short survival used to select temsirolimusFox Chase Kidney Cancer Predictive Tools (I like this best)
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center prognostic calculator (2,6)
- International Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma Database Consortium (IMDC) prognostic stratification factors:
- Dx to Tx interval <1yr
- If 0 favorable; if 1-2 intermediate; if 3-6 poor (5)
- Predictors of short survival used to select temsirolimus (7)
Multple other nomograms exist to predict disease recurrence postoperatively
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center nomogram (1)
- SSIGN (Stage, Size, Grade and Necrosis) score (2)
3 different nomograms for lymphadenectomy:
- Hutterer, Georg C., et al. "Patients with renal cell carcinoma nodal metastases can be accurately identified: external validation of a new nomogram." International journal of cancer121.11 (2007): 2556-2561.
- Capitanio, Umberto, et al. "When to perform lymph node dissection in patients with renal cell carcinoma: a novel approach to the preoperative assessment of risk of lymph node invasion at surgery and of lymph node progression during follow‐up." BJU international 112.2 (2013).
- Blute, Michael L., et al. "A protocol for performing extended lymph node dissection using primary tumor pathological features for patients treated with radical nephrectomy for clear cell renal cell carcinoma." The Journal of urology 172.2 (2004): 465-469.www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15247704
The mRENAL modified to give 1 point if 3cm or smaller vs. 4cm or smaller may be superior when considering complications for cryotherapy procedure (4)
- Pantuck, Allan J., Amnon Zisman, and Arie S. Belldegrun. "The changing natural history of renal cell carcinoma." The Journal of urology 166.5 (2001): 1611-1623.
- Parker, William P., et al. "Application of the stage, size, grade, and necrosis (SSIGN) score for clear cell renal cell carcinoma in contemporary patients." European urology 71.4 (2017): 665-673.
- Zisman, Amnon, et al. "Improved prognostication of renal cell carcinoma using an integrated staging system." Journal of clinical oncology 19.6 (2001): 1649-1657.
- Mouli, Samdeep K., et al. "Analysis of the RENAL and Mrenal scores and the relative importance of their components in the prediction of complications and local progression after percutaneous renal cryoablation." Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology 28.6 (2017): 860-867.
- Heng, Daniel YC, et al. "Prognostic factors for overall survival in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma treated with vascular endothelial growth factor–targeted agents: results from a large, multicenter study." Journal of clinical oncology 27.34 (2009): 5794-5799.
- Motzer, Robert J., et al. "Interferon-alfa as a comparative treatment for clinical trials of new therapies against advanced renal cell carcinoma." Journal of clinical oncology 20.1 (2002): 289-296.
- Hudes, Gary, et al. "Temsirolimus, interferon alfa, or both for advanced renal-cell carcinoma." New England Journal of Medicine 356.22 (2007): 2271-2281.